Orientation menu

  • Switch off graphic
  • Site map
  • Slovensky
  • English
  • Facebook

Bratislava

Múzeum mesta Bratislavy - Official website


Find

 
 

Main menu

Skip menu

Path: Home Page > BASIC INFORMATION

 

ARCHAEOLOGY

The basis of the collection are objects donated or bought before 1918. Among the donators were e. g. the first museum curator J. Könyöki, bishop F. Knausz, provost J. Danko, author of numerous historical works and collector S. Rakovszky and others.

 

 
 

 

The greater part of the collection comprises objects of archaeological research from the following locations: BratislavaOldTown; National Heritage Site Devín – Slavonic fortification; the villages of Devín and Rusovce. The collection consists mainly of objects from ceramics, iron, glass, bones, decorations from brass and silver, jewels, coins, weapons, tools, stone fragments, architectural artefacts representing numerous significant large-scale finds or individual items from the pre-historic, Roman and Mediaeval periods.

 
Responsible: Beáta Husová
Created / changed: 20.1.2007 / 20.1.2007

 

Display search form »


 

web & design , editorial system

  To log in